Friday, July 20, 2012

Chocolate

Today, I got to show Laurel a wonderful place off of Rynek Główny called Wedel.  Wedel ("vay-del", to you English-speakers) is a chocolate company out of Warsaw that has spread at least as far as Kraków.  To those of you familiar with Fort Wayne, this is the DeBrand of Kraków.  The entrance is deceptively plain.  After passing by a counter of truffles and something that looks like a hotel check-in (but isn't), it opens up into a beautifully furnished, covered inner courtyard.  The courtyard was once probably outdoors but has since been covered and is now an indoor area.  See this photo:


I brought Laurel here because of an item I had last weekend while exploring with my friend from Oman. By complete accident, I discovered chocolate banana crepes.  Words cannot describe the amazingness of this delicacy.  Here are some photos:




These were taken before Laurel had actually tried any of the dessert.  Notice the small server of strawberry puree next to the crepes?  Laurel actually took a bite on her fork, moved to dip it into the puree, and then stopped and said "No.  I can't do it.  It's too perfect."  Later she apologized to the strawberry puree for not eating more of it.  Several times during dessert, Laurel almost melted onto the floor with happiness.

I have a new goal: I need to convince DeBrand to make this stuff so that I can have more of it when I return to the US.  Seriously, I will write them an email at some point in the next week or so.

That's all for tonight.  We need to get packing for the trip to Spain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | free samples without surveys